Dota 2 Asia Championships 2018 will be kicking off tomorrow March 29, 2018 12pm Shanghai, China local time.
This is one of the big major tournaments of the season and each team is looking forward to not only getting a share of the
1 Million Dollar prize pool but also getting a share at the available
1,500 Pro Circuit Points
With the event about to go underway in less than 24 hours, below is the format of the tournament.
- 16 teams compete as two groups in a best-of-one round robin format.
- Top two teams of each group advance to the Playoffs. Bottom two teams of each group will be eliminated.
- 3rd to 6th teams of each group advance to the Breakout.
- The Main Event consists of the Breakout and the Playoffs.
- During the Breakout, the 3rd to 6th teams in the Group Stage compete the remaining four slots in the Playoffs in a best-of-three single elimination format.
- Losers will be eliminated. During the Playoffs, eight teams compete for the championship of DAC 2018 in a double elimination format.
- The first two rounds of Lower Bracket are best of one, while the Grand Finals are best of five. Others are best of three.