Just got back to fixing the website after a lot of things happened in real life. Something happened with the previous database and I was not able to retrieve all of the posts so technically this is a repost.
Back in May I was able to acquire a kbd75 kit from kbdfans the first to offer affordable customs to mechanical keyboard enthusiasts like me. The album above shows the built product after soldering all the switches.
My first official custom keyboard. This is made in China and I can say the build quality is up to par for what I paid for. I have been wanting my own 75% keyboard for a while now. I feel like this layout is the best of the following: full layout, TKL and 60% since the size is not as small as the my previous poker but not as big as my previous TKL’s and I have the necessary modifier cluster for the common keys I use like del, home, page up and page down.
- Weight. This thing can be used to kill someone
- Backlit (althought I did not opt to install leds since keycaps I use is not for backlit)
- Easy to program using bootmapper client
- Macro functionality which is very useful for my job
- Aluminum with custom annodized color
- Underglow is not as bright as you might expect. It is subtle and can’t really be used to show off
- The chinese copy cherry stabilizers that came wth my kit is trash. I would highly advised to lube the fuck out of the stabilizers before you intall the full kit. (I will post a video on this later)